hrdluk on Sat, 30 Jan 1999 02:06:17 -0500 (EST)

RE: win98&linux

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, William Massa wrote:

> Hi all,
hello

> Talking about Win98 & Linux (RH 5.2).
okie-dokie

> I installed Linux on my Laptop (everything works well) but I can't
> set it to dual boot.
bummer

> I need to have the option to load Win98 because
> I work at consulting firm that does only M$ development we're
> (M$ Solution Provider Partners).
wtf is a M$ Solution Provider Partner?  Let me guess, A place where you
make money by answering computer questions?

> So I need Win98 on it.  But I want
> to boot into Linux by default too.
Ahhhh..your one of those "I'll skip college and go right to work for Big
Bill" people.  Problem:  Default has one and only one parameter.
Clarification:  You would like to either 1) Default into win98 with an
option of choosing linux at boot time or 2) you would like to default into
linux with an option of choosing win98 at boot time.  You may mean
something entirely different but I guessing here as it is.

> Right now it boots into Win98 and I use a floppy to boot Linux.
> How can I change this so that I can dual boot using Lilo?

RTFM?

http://www.linuxhq.com/HOWTO/mini/LILO.html
http://www.linuxhq.com/HOWTO/mini/Linux+Win95.html
http://www.linuxhq.com/HOWTO/mini/Loadlin+Win95.html