Pham Long Trung Duy on Sat, 30 Jan 1999 02:25:32 -0500 (EST)

Re: win98&linux

> > Right now it boots into Win98 and I use a floppy to boot Linux.
> > How can I change this so that I can dual boot using Lilo?
>
> RTFM?
>
> http://www.linuxhq.com/HOWTO/mini/LILO.html
> http://www.linuxhq.com/HOWTO/mini/Linux+Win95.html
> http://www.linuxhq.com/HOWTO/mini/Loadlin+Win95.html
> http://www.linuxhq.com/HOWTO/mini/Linux+DOS+Win95+OS2.html

If I could help you save a little time digging out all the docs:

edit the /etc/lilo.conf  so that your DOS (windows) section is listed BEFORE
the linux section.  Then run /sbin/lilo to update with the new lilo.conf file.
Then reboot.

As you boot into linux with floppy, I don't know if you need to reinstall
lilo.  And YES, you CAN install lilo on MBR.  That's the way I have it on my
computer now.

Assuming we are talking Redhat... ;)

duy