Joel A. Matz on Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:45:28 -0500 (EST)

Re: Laplink for Linux?

As far as getting your windows desktop in X,  check out VNC -

http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/

They have the GUI stuff down.  It requires TCP/IP, though, so you need
to be netowrked to the machine, even if it's through dialup PPP.

They also are GPL'd, so feel free to hack the thing for modem support.
I'm sure they'd love to put it in the contribs area.

Joel