David L. Martin on Sat, 30 Jan 1999 16:06:30 -0500 (EST)

Re: HP 2500Cse

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, LeRoy D. Cressy wrote:
> David L. Martin wrote:
> > How do I determine, before purchase, if I will be able to use an HP2500Cse
> > printer with Linux?
> PCL is the HP printer command language.  It is documented in your manual
> that comes with your printer.  These include the basic commands that
> telles the printer what font to use, weight, or slant.  I'm using a 560c
> that contains both black and color cartriges.  I am fairly familiar with
> the HP class of printers, and I think that most are supported.
>
> What print filter are you using? If you are using either magicfilter or
> aptfilter look at the documentation for supported printers.  Also check
> out the sunsite site.

I can't find a filter for the 2500Cse, nor a filter for color PCL
protocol.  I hate color printers anyway, my wife is just going to have to
like with black and white.  This printer sounds like a accident waiting to
happen anyway, who ever heard of the damn print resevoir talking back to
the PC anyhow.

David L. Martin        <dlmarti@njcc.com>
R&D Software Engineer  http://pluto.njcc.com/~dlmarti

If only you'd use your powers for good instead of evil.