LeRoy D. Cressy on Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:05:23 -0500 (EST)

Re: HP 2500Cse

David L. Martin wrote:

> How do I determine, before purchase, if I will be able to use an HP2500Cse
> printer with Linux?
> The printer communicates via PCL 3e (which of course I've never heard of).
>
> I originally just wanted a fast BW printer, but a color capable would gain
> a better approval rating from my wife.
>
> I'm currently using a HP500c (BW only), with good results.  The only
> problem is its print rate of 1ppd (page per day -- I can type faster than
> this thing can print).

Hi Dave,

PCL is the HP printer command language.  It is documented in your manual
that comes with your printer.  These include the basic commands that
telles the printer what font to use, weight, or slant.  I'm using a 560c
that contains both black and color cartriges.  I am fairly familiar with
the HP class of printers, and I think that most are supported.

What print filter are you using? If you are using either magicfilter or
aptfilter look at the documentation for supported printers.  Also check
out the sunsite site.

Have a good day,

LeRoy
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037