Vale Kenny on Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:39:48 -0500 (EST)

Elegant snippet from an overall excellent piece...

Mastery of UNIX, like mastery of language, offers real freedom. The
price of freedom is always dear, but there's no substitute. Personally,
I'd rather pay for my freedom than live in a bitmapped, pop-up-happy
dungeon like NT. I'm hoping that as IT folks become more seasoned and
less impressed by superficial convenience at the expense of real
freedom, they will yearn for the kind of freedom and responsibility UNIX
allows. When they do, UNIX will be there to fill the need.

TWDT is at:
http://www.performancecomputing.com/features/9809of1.shtml

Peace Folks,
Vale