David L. Martin on Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:06:02 -0500 (EST)

Re: Wu-ftpd configuration...

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, J Chu wrote:
> Hello.  I'm one of the *newbies* that's coming into the Linux camp due
> to all the hubhub that the media's making of it...  (My interest was
> piqued when I saw a fairly large green banner at my local software store
> staing "Civilization: Call to Power, coming to Linux First Quarter 99".
> The only problem was that the store personnel had no idea what Linux
> was... they thought it was some new console...).
>
> Anyhow, I got my copy of RedHat up and running, got my X86 stuff set up,
> got Apache set up, got the tcpwrapper setup, but found out that I had no
> idea how to get the Wu-ftp daemon set up (with accounts and anonftp,
> etc).  Anyone have some good resources?

On RH if you installed wuftp & anonftp rpm's it should all be working.
If not there is a howto specific to RH on the RH site, drop me a line if
you need me to send it to you (ftp.redhat.com can be difficult to log
onto).

--

David L. Martin        <dlmarti@njcc.com>
R&D Software Engineer  http://pluto.njcc.com/~dlmarti

The king wisely had the computer scientist beheaded, and they all
lived happily ever after.