Len Pikulski on Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:42:45 -0500 (EST)

Re: Converting old Word Perfect Files

I had kind of a similar issue on an Apple converting documents from
an old "green screen apple Model ?? to word for Macintosh.
The Macintosh couldn't even read the diskette.

We wound up finding a working old apple firing up the "old" machine,
saving the files as text only, finding a modem and software to work
on the old apple, then uploading the text files to a BBS then
downloading them to the Macintosh.

A really LONG winded way of doing it but it worked when others said
it couldn't be done.

> Anyone know where I can get a tool taht can convert a few WordPerfect 3.x
> format files into something more modern?  WP8 for Linux only goes back
> as far as WP 4.2 files...and MS Word only goes back to WP 6.0 files.
>
> I've tried Star Office and it won't convert them eiher.
>
> If anyone has access to software that can do this, I'd be very grateful
> if they could convert them to either rtf, msword, or a newer version of
> word perfect.
>
> Any help will be appriciated.
>
> kyle

   " Paper is only paper.....experience is what it is all about! "
 Len Pikulski            lenp@nothinbut.net           (609) 222-1514
                      http://www.nothinbut.net