LeRoy D. Cressy on Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:57:50 -0500 (EST)

Re: Converting old Word Perfect Files

Kyle Burton wrote:

> Anyone know where I can get a tool taht can convert a few WordPerfect 3.x
> format files into something more modern?  WP8 for Linux only goes back
> as far as WP 4.2 files...and MS Word only goes back to WP 6.0 files.
>
> I've tried Star Office and it won't convert them eiher.
>
> If anyone has access to software that can do this, I'd be very grateful
> if they could convert them to either rtf, msword, or a newer version of
> word perfect.
>
> Any help will be appriciated.
>
> kyle

Hi Kyle,

I looked in the reference manual for Word Perfect 5.1 and found no
reference for converting file earlier than 4.2 format.  But somewhere in
the back of my memory, wasn't the file format for versions earlier than
4.2 used either the Word Star 3 format or Frame Maker?  But a quick look
through the 5.1, 6.0 and WP 8 for Linux manuals don't make any reference
to versions earlier that 4.2.  I think I saw a reference in the WP 5.0
manual which has gone by the wayside.

If I find out anything, I'll write.

LeRoy
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037