Steven J. Pulito on Wed, 10 Mar 1999 19:01:59 -0500 (EST)

Samba

Okay two newbie questions:

1) after editing smb.conf what do I need to do to make the changes take
effect.

2) I am trying to make the homes section of my smb.conf file work.

==============================
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

this is what I have so far, if I use smbmount from my linux box I can mount
the local share like this

smbmount //server/username /mnt/mountdir -U username

however from windows 98 I cannot connect, I have not been able to try it
from a NT box yet, I assume windows is mangling the case of either the share
or the username.. any suggestions?

Thanks
Steve