Steven J. Pulito on Wed, 10 Mar 1999 21:03:17 -0500 (EST)

Re: Samba

I changed smb.conf so that it uses encryption and by adding the following
lines

 encrypt passwords = yes
 smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd

I used

cat /etc/passwd | mksmbpasswd.sh >/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd

to create the file and I set the permissions on the file and the private
directory as specified in ENCRYPTION.txt in the samba docs.  However I still
cannot connect to a home dir from my win 98 box, any more suggestions?

Thanks!