David E. Edwards on Fri, 9 Apr 1999 19:51:23 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Newbie question

Shana H. Pote wrote:

> I've been lurking the list for a few days, and have one question before I
> post anything of consequence.  Does this list happily support real
> neophytes,
<snip>
<snip>
Shana,
Most, if not all of us were newbies at one time or another.  So go ahead
and ask.  Occasionally, you will be directed to the manuals, but not as
brutally as you would on some newsgroups.
The subject of your questions will in all likelyhood be new to some of
us, but with the large populace of this mailing-list, you will be able
to find the expertise to help you with most of the Linux world.

Oh, and if someone is able to provide the answer to a problem, it's more
than likely that they themselves had the same problem - the BEST
learning tool. <grin>

Dave E.
dedwards@technologist.com