Shana H. Pote on Fri, 9 Apr 1999 13:34:26 -0400 (EDT)

Newbie question

I've been lurking the list for a few days, and have one question before I
post anything of consequence.  Does this list happily support real
neophytes, or do you all rather your posters have a fair bit of knowledge
of Linux?  With all the chat re: the convention to introduce Linux to new
users, I was hoping the environment is the former, as I am *very* new to
the OS, and could use a ready resource during my first install attempts.
I'm still reading the install guide that came with my RH 5.1 distro, and just
for kicks am contemplating an SMB install, since the box has no cdrom.  I
know, I know, I could get one for cheap, but I like a challenge.

S. Pote
PoteTek Consulting
potefam@itw.com
shp@hangley.com