Graham, John on Mon, 10 May 1999 10:27:24 -0400 (EDT)

Jaton video cards

Bombed this weekend at the computer show.  6 bucks to get in, and since I
didn't have cash they  charged 4% to use a credit card.  Picked up a jaton
card with a s3 chipset, and the thing won't work.  Tried it in win95 and
it'll only work in 640x480.  Even tried to download the latest XFree86,
which in my opinion is too complicated.  The version that came with RH5.2
was short and sweet.  Has anyone used the jaton card, it looks like the one
I have isn't going to be compatible.  I saw some on pricewatch.com with
cirrus logic chip-sets, but is there more to the card than just the
chip-set?