Brian Spooner on Mon, 10 May 1999 16:17:05 -0400 (EDT)

cu

I wonder if someone could help me with the "cu" command.  I want to use
it to test my modem (my PPP connection is broken).  I have read the
appropriate HOW-TOs and man pages, but am unable to put together a series
of arguments that will make it work.  My best effort produces an error
message about the availability of a port.  I am running RedHat 5.2.

Let me add a description of my PPP problem, in case someone has any ideas
about it.  It broke when I mistakenly tried to initiate it while it was
active (surely no great sin!).  since then when I initiate it I get no
dialtone and no dialing sound, even though if I connect a phone through it
I do get the dial tone.  I have reinstalled PPP.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions

Brian Spooner
U. Penna. Museum--Anthropology