Tracy Nelson on Tue, 18 May 1999 07:47:10 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Linux SQL databases

Hugh Brock wrote:

> I'm considering implementing a database-backed Web server using Linux. Has
> anyone had experience with the Linux Oracle or DB2 implementations? Or,
> advice on choosing another heavyweight database server?

I just noticed that there are "evaluation" versions of Oracle available
for "free" (you pay media costs & shipping) for Linux.  I say
"evaluation" version because I have an evaluation copy of 7.3.1 which
was supposedly good for 60 days, but which is still running some 15
months later (only because I haven't taken the time to back up my DBs
and install the copy of 7.3.4 that I actually bought...)