Jeff Dean on Tue, 11 May 1999 09:50:20 -0400 (EDT)

BitSurfr vs modem dialup

Hi.  Does anyone on the list use ISDN?  I'm a bit confused about
how ISDN TAs behave relative to modems.  When I dial my ISP
manually using my modem, I get the expected connect, login, and
password prompts, then the expected ppp initialization including
IP address.  However, if I try the same thing using my ISDN TA (a
BitSurfr Pro) I only get the connect.  I get no login.  Both work
fine in Windows, so I think there's a secret handshake I'm not
aware of.  Anybody?

Thanks.
Jeff Dean