Brian Spooner on Wed, 12 May 1999 16:09:44 -0400 (EDT)

Re: cu

I am grateful to all of you who responded to my question about cu.  With
the help of Jeff Dean's arguments for cu I have established that the
problem is not with anything relating to PPP--cu produces the message "no
dial tone" (even though when I pick up a phone that is connected to the
modem I do get a dial tone!).  Before I go out and buy a new modem, I
would like to ask: does anyone know of any other possibility that would
make this a software, rather than a hardware, problem?
brian

Brian Spooner
U. Penna. Museum--Anthropology