Kyle Burton on Mon, 17 May 1999 14:46:45 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [SLL] Stupid X-server question...

To enable xdm at boot, (on redhat, but I'm sure it's similar under other
distributions) you can edit /etc/inittab, and set the default runlevel
to 5, which starts xdm when the machine comes up.  As far as getting it
to log you in to another machine, from the xdm on the local machine, I don't
know how to do that...

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't
believe this to be a coincidence."
    -- Jeremy S.  Anderson