Borawski Thomas G. on Tue, 25 May 1999 10:11:16 -0400 (EDT)

Minicom User Lock

Title: Minicom User Lock

I was using Minicom 1.82.1 with a debugger yesterday when the power went out.  I was logged in as user.  After the power

came back on I couldn't get back in to Minicom (when logged in as user), it said that /dev/cua0 was locked.

I checked /var/lock (the configured lockfile path) and it was clean.  I could use Minicom if I was logged in as root.

I didn't have time to futz around, so I did a make install of Minicom and it then came back for user.  Anyone know what
happened ?

Tom Borawski
PO Box 8418
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8418