rsuchowi on Tue, 25 May 1999 17:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

PPP dies

This weekend I managed to get mgetty+sendfax set up for
a dial in connection to my office.  Mgetty answers
fine, I am able to log in and go about my business just
like a telnet session.  The problem is that I can not
get ppp to launch properly.  After I get into the box,
I issue ppp (from minicom) and the session should
launch, which it does.  My problem is that after 10
attempts (which is one of the defaults for ppp to
attempt to make a connection) ppp dies, and drops me
off the line.  I know that I am missing something, but
for the life of me I have been reading docs since
friday and still can't figure out what is going on.
Anyone have any ideas...  Note that when dialing out
from this same box, I can dial up an isp (using
minicom) get into the box then issue ppp which starts
up a dial out session fine (if that means anything)

Bob

Robert Suchowierski, Jr.

begin:vcard
n:Suchowierski;Bob Suchowierski