LeRoy D. Cressy on Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:51:32 -0400 (EDT)

Re: A good book

devyn.colson@effem.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the group and new to Linux.  I am looking to Linux for a web
> server.  There seem to be lots of books on Linux, can someone recommend a
> good one for my purposes?
>
> Devyn Colson
> Information Services International
> Americas SDS Team
> devyn.colson@effem.com

Hi,

If you are interested in building a web server I would suggest gettint
the O'Reilly book on Apachie, which specifically covers the Apachie web
server.  Also I would pick up a copy of Essention System
Administration.  These two books should cover your needs.  For the most
part, I have found the generic Linux books are primarily designed to get
Linux installed.  But if you are already familier with UNIX then Linux
will be very familier to you.

--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037