ray beckler on Tue, 1 Jun 1999 17:31:16 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Newbie question upgrading Redhat 5.2

Greg,

I did the same thing.   Just installed 5.2 in March.

With my only net access being a 56kb modem, I purchased the 6.0 CD.  RedHat
has an upgrade option on the CD that's pretty painless.  I had to rebuild my
kernel to match what I had on 5.2, but other than that it was a breeze.
(the new kernel is big, I had to use make bzImage)

You could download everything but to me the $60 (BestBuy) was worth it.
Just boot with the floppy, insert the CD, choose upgrade and you're done in
a half hour.  I don't remember if I chose it, but it did change my window
manager to Gnome/Enlightenment.  (it's pretty nice.)

ray