Tim Peeler on Tue, 1 Jun 1999 18:11:54 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Simple Question...

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, LeRoy D. Cressy wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> First off a cdrom is an iso9660 filesystem and not a fat or vfat fs.  So
> mount the cdrom with:

Doh!, I should know that! *sigh*

> mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt
>
> /dev/cdrom can be /dev/hdb or wherever your cdrom is located on your
> system.
>
> after the cd is mounted look around the files for where the serial
> number might be.

Nod, I've been doin' that for the past few days.  I've been looking
through individual files and grepping everything in sight.  I've
even looked through the raw data at the head and tail of /dev/hdc.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim