JFRANCANO3 on Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:22:42 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] rookie mistakes

Barry,
I wound up using the hardware to build a (cringe) windows pc. The problems
were first with an AMD processor that had a Linux issue for a two month
period. i switched out the processor. Then my video chipset wouldnt work as a
generic vga nor svga. Then the PC100 motherboard that I was using would not
work. I even made the rookie mistake to try setting up with a win modem
installed. This is why I asked to a simple no hassle platform to try to
install that OS. Thanks for the input though.