Chris Fearnley on Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:52:40 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] PPP problems with Debian

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 08:33:09AM -0400, Andrew Libby wrote:
> Consider:
>
> Under redhat, I use sudo for ppp.  I have my unprivliged uid able
> to execute any command as root, and then I have menu items in
> fvwm which basicly run a custom ppp script (shell script) as root.
> It has been working well for about a year now.

That will work just fine.  But it violates the principle of least
privilege.  Using groups and not running commands as root if at all
possible is better policy, IMHO.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary