Jason Lenthe on Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:33:24 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] rookie mistakes

I don't know about the mouse, but the reason the display is larger than the
screen is becuase X supports virtual screens to give you more real estate
on the screen.  You can increase the resolution (thereby decreasing the
amount of the virtual screen which is not displayed) by hitting
ctrl-alt-plus sign and ctrl-alt-minus sign decreases the resolution.  You
can set the virtual size to be the same size as the actual size in the
XF86Config file.  Hope this helps!

Jason