Roger C. Scudder Jr. on Sun, 6 Jun 1999 12:21:46 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] still the newbie

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Christian Betz wrote:

> Yes, one thing I didn't mention, I wasn't sure if it was true. My friend
> told me about this happening. He also, never checked his bellatlantic
> email.
> Words can't express how much that must have sucked. My friend said his dad
> was yelling at him about the bill. Pretty insane that they can't even give
> you a phonecall.

Typical corporate behavior... to be expected from a large corporation.
Personally I read every email I get from them for just this reason.
I checked my usage and saw that I was using less than 200Hrs a month.
BTW-you must have to keep your connection open an awfull lot of hours to
be charged $700 for over 200 hrs usage.  Either someone with no life
or a lot of people using the same line.

I'm sure this is just the start of this sort of thing from Bellatlantic.
they will keep trying to milk it for every penny they can get out of it.
I think they knew quite will that many people would pay the bill if they
quietly sent out an email.  Very sneaky, IMO.

> At this point i'm just ranting but if you stick with bellatlantic I
> suggest a little program called pppsetup that's make's it real easy to
> setup a PPP script using PAP.

I don't know...  it's not that hard to set up as is...  at least I never
had any problems with it.  I can't see why it is such an issue.

Roger