Xtian Betz on Sun, 6 Jun 1999 12:31:43 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] still the newbie

At 09:23 AM 6/6/99 -0400, you wrote:

>I'd perfer a more people/linux friendly ISP in the Philly area, but I'm only
>aware of the more popular ones.  Just about every time I try to connect to
>Bell it take 3 to 4 and sometimes 5 attempts, before I get connected.  It's
>usually once or twice in windows, so I don't know if it's me or them.

Hmm. That shouldn't be hard to find. I myself use Comcat (www.comcat.com).
I have been using them for three years. Setting up a connection in linux
was no problem even though they are sun based. And my friend even said the
tech support helped him setup his account in linux. The have plenty of

But hey, I'm assuming you live in the 215 area code. Here's where you'll
find a list of ISP's in that area code:
http://thelist.internet.com/areacode/215.html

But the best would be to ask some people what ISP's they are using. Word of
mouth is often the best way to find about an ISP. I can personally account
for about three people I have pointed towards comcat, and I will continue
to recommend them.

Hope I could help,
Xtian Betz

P.S. Hey did that area code thing go into effect yet?