Vale_Kenny on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:41:53 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] *Linux Friendly ISP in Plila. area*

With the nod to nothinbut.net, who is apparently an excellent ISP, the ISP I
have found that satisfies my requirements and then some, is cynet.net.  They are
apparently primarily a business oriented ISP, who have recently branched into
individual accounts.
Great support staff, Linux friendly, willing to set aside a gig of storage
temporarily (a day or so) for you to download huge files (I'm sure that's rare
though) directly to their server (really fast, must have a FAT pipe), and then
get them locally.
Run on Solaris, and an UltraSparc Server (really cool machine), and excellent
tech support.  Pricey, $18.50/mo, and no break for signing up all year, but I
have yet to have a busy signal, a server down, in fact any hassles from their
end.
$.02
Peace,
Vale