Vale_Kenny on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:31:54 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] PPP hassles (again)

The reason I recompiled my kernel, was to attempt to solve this problem..curing
a headache with open-cranial surgery..
when PPP connects, all goes well through the script..however, after the connect,
and PPP attempts to start, iI get errors...
cannot locate module ppp-compress-26
cannot locate module ppp-compress-31
cannot locate module ppp-compress-24

I'm not sure about the numbers, but that's the gist...
I've had PPP up and running, but did a reinstall (with the same packages) and
PPP hosed.  Did another install, cause I didn't want to doink around (echoes of
my M$/BORG days..Problem?? Just REINSTALL!  AND SMILE!!!) ..and still no go.  So
I figured, well, lets try something I haven't done before, compile the kernel...
Suggestions?
Peace,
Vale