elek on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 22:21:56 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Linux-friendly ISPs

Hi :)

I just subscribed to this list today (just found out about the group via
Eric Raymond).  I'm glad to know Philly has a LUG. My boyfriend and I have
been using Linux systems since the early 90's.  We just relocated to
Philly from Seattle.

Well - now that I've volunteered all that useless info...heh...on to my
question...

I caught the tail-end of a thread about local Linux-friendly ISPs.  I
apologize if this has already been mentioned - but we are looking for ISPs
who offer dedicated modem connections.  We'd prefer not to do ISDN because
no one seems to offer flat rates or dedicated address space.  We're
looking for something that will allow us to stay connected 24-7 with our
own midsize block of address space (at least 16 addresses).  Since we
don't really need the bandwidth of a frame relay/fractional T1 connection,
we really don't want to pay for one unless we could find one really cheap
:)  So - we are stuck looking for dedicated modem access.  Any helpful
info?

-elek