Tianyu A Ching on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 22:32:00 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Oracle Setup Environment

I have an oddish question relating to preparing my Caldera 2.2 for an
Oracle setup.  The installation guide is very vague about what needs to be
done.
It says to set certain values in SHMPARAM.H (like SHMMAX, SHMMNI, SHMSEG)
to new values according to the system.  Unfortunately, that's about ALL it
says.  I've been able to obtain the current values of course, running
ipcs, but how do I know what the new values should be?
Also, I experimented with the new values and made changes to SHMPARAM.H
Do I need to recompile?  How?  When I restart the computer, and run ipcs
again, nothing has changed.   Shouuld it?   AUGH!