Kyle Burton on Tue, 8 Jun 1999 10:03:11 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Oracle Setup Environment

I've installed Oracle 8 on Linux with kernel version 2.0.x (36 I think),
and it worked fine.  I havne't really heard that you need to change those
parameters -- perhaps they will provide a performance increace, but Oracle
installed without modifications to the kernel.

Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
    -- D.E. Knuth