Master and Servant on Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:41:46 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Web Hosting Provider Suggestions wanted

Subject: WNTD:Hosting Suggestion (Reseller) Like Vservers.com but..

Greetings

I am looking for a webhosting solution/suggestion..

Something that provides space for resellers...

I _like_ www.vservers.com's Vserver Lite -- webpage at
http://www.vservers.com/before/products/lite.html

I would encourage you to look before making suggestions... but I will try to
spell out what I like/need about it.

Basically why I CANT use vservers, is their content restrictions...
I have a number of clients who are adult entertainers, and while I am NOT
going to be putting up anything pornographic, or terribly explicit, I do have
things of the equivalent to rated R to NC-17 to X depending upon your
interpretation - probably no nudity beyond playboy standards, if that. --
but nothing XXX to put up.

What features I like about vservers (beyond all the common things)

It seems fairly well priced -- $55 + small initial setup fee which is forgiven
when switching over from another provider

100 MB per vserver is good to start and is ok for the price.

Ability to host multiple domains (additional domains at little to no cost)
  [with vservers its just $20 one-time setup which is even forgiven when
transferring over from another provider] [up to 15 domains per vserver]

no cost hits/transfers to a large amount of traffic (vserver is 15GB/month
before they ask you to upgrade)

telnet account for the main account

separate FTPs/emails for each domain

I guess that is the main stuff. (beyond all the regular stuff)

Thanks!

msimons@caip.rutgers.edu

ObLinux: I want form-of-unix solution. heh.