Charles Stack on Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:31:47 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] cable modems and IP masquerading

>Well, in Bucks County, Suburban Cable is joining the @Home network
>(www.home.com)... and that should be about $40/month with modem rental...
>it says that there cannot be any servers of any type though... (anyone know
>how strict this is? because I don't wanna have to get a DSL line if I can
>get a cable line)

If you are like most people in Bucks (I am in Doylestown), you probably
don't have DSL in your area.  Bell Atlantic is pushing their ISDN service
with free upgrade to DSL.  DSL is still primarily in Philadelphia and
Montgomery counties.

Charles