Jason Staloff on Sat, 12 Jun 1999 02:42:49 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] late night inquiry

What if I want to change the rules passwd uses to pass judgment on a user's desired password ('way too short', 'too simple', etc.)? Passwd's man page says it uses pam. Man pam is invalid. /etc/pam.d/passwd contains arcane lines ending in .so.

So...would I have to alter and recompile these shared objects to change pam's behavior? Or is there some other pam config file relevant to passwd?

TIA. JAS