Scott R. Myers on Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:21:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] VMware for Linux

I'm guessing the memory requirements have more to do with the delay than
the Processor:

Rational:
Laptops typically have slower hard disks than desktops
To load a OS that needs a lot of RAM to run fast under an OS that can only
supply less than 64MB will require a lot of swapping.  Hence a slow down in
performance.

My test were done with 192MB using Windows NT configured to use 64MB.  I
never once hit my swap space with the VM running and other Linux apps and
all performed acceptably well.

Just my 2 cents.