Tim Krell on Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:47:51 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] VMware for Linux

Well, at least you got it working on your laptop...I'd review it if I
could, but the mean program wouldn't install Win98 on the virtual
machine for me...It got through to preparing for setup, then pooped out,
and locked up when it reached the 100% mark.  I dunno if this was
because of my laptop, or what, but I couldn't make it work.  So, if I
had to rate it, I'd say it needs a *lot* of work until it becomes a
viable option for me, not to mention the price tag.

-Tim

Jack Wilkinson wrote:

> At 11:52 AM 6/16/99 , you wrote:
> >See also latest Linux Journal (July) for user review.
>
> Well, for my review, it ran more slowly than a Lark scooter on my laptop, a
> P300MMX with 64MB of RAM... I know it's under the recommended specs, but
> it's over the requirements... it took about 25-30 minutes to get to the
> initial installation boot screen for Win98 (hey, was just testing it, and
> had it onhand) on a computer that otherwise runs extremely fast.
>
> Jack

Tim Krell
tkrell@snip.net
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Makeup/7355/