Thomas E. Keiser on Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:10:06 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] VMware for Linux

First, are you running the beta or the "release" software? Beta is much slower.
Second, the install is bloody slow, but actual OS operation isn't bad. Finally,
you need to carefully follow the video instructions to get the DGA extensions
working on the guest OS. If you have a decent machine, the guest OS fairly
flies on benchmarks. (NT tends to be faster than Win98, because it is almost
all 32-bit code)

Tom