Kyle Burton on Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:22:12 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Alright, more fetchmail blues

I think the issue may be the other server, the pop server you are connecting
to, wanting your domain name to resolve.

The "Non Authoritative Domain" message is probably being caused by the name
your box thinks it has -- telling the other server that that's who it is,
and the other server saying that it has no way of verifying that...so it
won't let you in the door.

I don't know what this is a feature of.  Fixing it by using procmail on the
box where you get your mail steps around this because that box has a domain
name the mail server is comfortable with.

of course, I've been horribly wrong before, and there is no guarantee of it
now either way...

"From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back. That is the
point that must be reached."
    -- Kafka