Michael C. Toren on Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:04:27 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] OK, I think I found part of the problem with fetchmail

> > Oddly enough, I don't have a sendmail.mc file in /etc, and I don't have
> > an /etc/mail directory where it would be stored...I've got sendmail.cf,
> > but that's huge, and it wouldn't be good form to post that entire file
> > to the list...Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for it?
>
> OK, sendmail.cf is posted at http://www.jounce.net/~tkrell/sendmail.cf
> if it'll help out any...

Part of the goal in showing us the sendmail.mc file was to allow you
to make changes to your sendmail configuration easily.  You *can* make
changes directly to the sendmail.cf file, but it's not recommended.

Also, looking at the first few lines of the sendmail.cf file you placed on
your web page, it looks like it was made from M4 files in a /tmp/sendmail*
directory.  Did you compile sendmail yourself, or use a distribution's
package?

Thanks,

-mct