Tim Krell on Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:25:51 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] OK, I think I found part of the problem with fetchmail

I compiled it myself, as when I logged on to #Sendmail, the topic said
"Get a fresh version.  The ones that come with distributions never work
the way they should" or something along those lines, so I went out and
got the package, and compiled it on my system myself...I'll try the mda
change, and report back with it's success or failure.

Tim

"Michael C. Toren" wrote:

> > > Oddly enough, I don't have a sendmail.mc file in /etc, and I don't have
> > > an /etc/mail directory where it would be stored...I've got sendmail.cf,
> > > but that's huge, and it wouldn't be good form to post that entire file
> > > to the list...Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for it?
> >
> > OK, sendmail.cf is posted at http://www.jounce.net/~tkrell/sendmail.cf
> > if it'll help out any...
>
> Part of the goal in showing us the sendmail.mc file was to allow you
> to make changes to your sendmail configuration easily.  You *can* make
> changes directly to the sendmail.cf file, but it's not recommended.
>
> Also, looking at the first few lines of the sendmail.cf file you placed on
> your web page, it looks like it was made from M4 files in a /tmp/sendmail*
> directory.  Did you compile sendmail yourself, or use a distribution's
> package?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -mct

Tim Krell