rsuchowi on Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:48:14 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] seen the caldera screnshots?

I have tried several times unsuccessfully to use the lizard interface to set up a
caldera box.  They have some issues with video with x and kde setup as well as
some other nagging "features" like NEEDING  win95 or higher set up to run the
setup programs ie, creation of the lizard, or lisa disks, as well as the setup of
partition magic to create a linux partition.  IMHO, you can see why Novell started
to loose  market share early/mid 90's when you look at the half baked job that
caldera did on the setup program (note that the founders of caldera were at Novell
when it started it's decent).  I have setup redhat, debian, slackware and my
latest attempt was caldera.  I keep on coming back to the RH distribution because
it seems to be the easiest to set up and maintain.

Kyle Burton wrote:

> http://www.troll.no/announce/lizardshots.html
>
> My question is the code for thsi GPL'd?  Will projects like debian be able
> to take this code and create their own installation system from it?  Or
> is this something that Caldera is keeping as closed source?
>
> Does anyone know about caldera's product?

> Sometime when you least expect it, Love will tap you on the shoulder...and ask
> you to move out of the way because it still isn't your turn.
>     -- N.V. Plyter
> mortis@voicenet.com                           http://www.voicenet.com/~mortis

Robert Suchowierski, Jr.

begin:vcard