Jason Costomiris on Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:37:49 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Writing audio CDs?

Using cdda2wav, it's rather easy to pull tracks off of CDs.  Using cdrecord,
it's rather easy to write data CDs.

The only thing I miss from Windoze was the ability to rip tracks off of
various CDs, arrange them, and then burn an audio CD with 12-20 good songs,
suitable for long trips...  I used to do that with Adaptec's Easy CD Creator
Pro.

I'm looking for an alternative for use on Linux.  Thoughts?  I'm perfectly
willing to rip the audio tracks, make an image and then re-record.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tracks would need to be ripped as
some sort of audio file, be it wav, aiff, or whatever, mastered, then
burnt to CD.  The big question on my mind is, "How?"

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.