Jason S. on Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:19:12 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Writing audio CDs?

Jason Costomiris wrote:

> Using cdda2wav, it's rather easy to pull tracks off of CDs.  Using cdrecord,
> it's rather easy to write data CDs.
>
> The only thing I miss from Windoze was the ability to rip tracks off of
> various CDs, arrange them, and then burn an audio CD with 12-20 good songs,
> suitable for long trips...  I used to do that with Adaptec's Easy CD Creator
> Pro.
>
> I'm looking for an alternative for use on Linux.  Thoughts?  I'm perfectly
> willing to rip the audio tracks, make an image and then re-record.
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tracks would need to be ripped as
> some sort of audio file, be it wav, aiff, or whatever, mastered, then
> burnt to CD.  The big question on my mind is, "How?"
>e.

You can still do that. Xcdroast is a good frontend, so is cdr-toaster. I
prefer toaster. Anyways, you just extract the audio as wav files, order
them the way you want them burned and start recording. Check out the
-pad option of cdrecord so you dont loose the last couple seconds. I've
had more luck burning cd's on my old sony cd-r under linux than windows.