Tianyu A Ching on Mon, 28 Jun 1999 23:06:13 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Seriously Oracle MOjo

I'm having serious problems getting Oracle to work in a test configuration
on my Caldera 2.2 system.  Mostly, it has problems workign with the
loopback server-client realtion between my computer, but also, because the
software is just SO DARN quirky, many components probably did not compile
right upon installation.  Unfortunately, I have no way of troubleshooting
it.  I also have very little experience with databases.   Can someone
point me toward a resource, internet or text that helps with Oracle which
is designed for seriously stupid people (like me?)? Preferabvly with an
extensive troubleshooting section?  Is there anyone out there I can talk
to Q and A?  Ack!  Help!