Chris Fearnley on Mon, 28 Jun 1999 22:23:09 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Writing audio CDs?

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 09:37:39PM -0400, Jason Costomiris wrote:
> Using cdda2wav, it's rather easy to pull tracks off of CDs.  Using cdrecord,
> it's rather easy to write data CDs.
>
> The only thing I miss from Windoze was the ability to rip tracks off of
> various CDs, arrange them, and then burn an audio CD with 12-20 good songs,
> suitable for long trips...  I used to do that with Adaptec's Easy CD Creator
> Pro.
>
> I'm looking for an alternative for use on Linux.  Thoughts?  I'm perfectly
> willing to rip the audio tracks, make an image and then re-record.
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tracks would need to be ripped as
> some sort of audio file, be it wav, aiff, or whatever, mastered, then
> burnt to CD.  The big question on my mind is, "How?"

With either cdda2wav or cdparanoia, you can rip out .wav files.
cdrecord takes multiple .wav files on the command line.  But xcdroast
didn't seem to do it, so I resorted to the command line.

Here is one example I did:
sudo nice --20 cdrecord -vv -eject speed=4 dev=5,0 -audio /s1/track*

Adjust the speed and dev options for your drive.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary