Jason S. on Sun, 11 Jul 1999 01:31:38 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Transperancy

"Paul B. Krause" wrote:

> Matthew Heyer wrote:
>
> > I am new to linux and I'm amazed at what it can do.
> > Once, I saw a transparent teminal(backround wallpaper was viewable at
> > all times) on the desktop of another linux user.
> > Bottom line how dow you do it?
> > Matt Heyer

> It was probably an Eterm, associated with the Enlightenment WM.   It
> will grab the desktop if you've set it
> through enlightenment or gnome.  It will not grab it if you set the
> background through, say xv.  I'm not sure under what other conditions it
> will grab the desktop background.

Visit www.eterm.org, if you change desktops, with somethign like xv use
the esetroot utility to tell Eterm about it. Its in the docs. It works
with kde, wm, as and just about every other window manager I can think
of.

--
J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.