Jason S. on Sun, 11 Jul 1999 01:39:49 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Ya know, it's a shame..

"Vettese, Nick A" wrote:

> I know you are all going to hate me but I have to say this:
>
> What are you doing that you can't keep Windows running.  Windows isn't that
> bad.  I am running NT4, 95, 98, and 4 Linux boxes, and the only time I have
> to reboot Windows is when I load configure or something.  You make Windows
> seem like it has no legs to walk on.

Stuff like, running more than one application. If you've never had
windows lockup on you then you're lucky. I've had more trouble with
windows than any other OS as far as random lockups go. I also have weird
things happen like when I play a CD and access the other cdrom on the
scsi chain the cd in the first drive stops playing. Once in a while
applications just go out to lunch for a while and the system sorta hangs
while it does god knows what. Combine that with an interface from hell
and you have a very unhappy computer user.

>I love Linux, and I am doing a hell of
> a lot of studying to learn more, but if Windows is so bad why does 3/4ths of
> the world use it.

I believe the federal government is asking microsoft that question too.
Up until recently (very recently) windows came with PC's. There was no
choice.

>  There are many options today, so it can't be the reason
> it is the only one out there.  You have Linux, Unix (all versions), BeOs,
> 95, 98, NT, Mac, OS/2, and others.  There are many office programs, business
> program, and anything else that might be needed that runs on other OSs.  If
> all of you are having that many problems then you better leave computers to
> the more capable.

I bow down to you... I obviously dont know what I'm doing if I dont like
windows. I mean, I'd certainly never use it just because I need to
exchange information with someone and they're using a proprietary binary
to store their info. Nah, that would be a good enough reason to use
it....

--
J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.